Cm2 Media – one of Halton Region’s leading digital marketing agencies – is a small, nimble, digital marketing team with a client roster of national and regional brands representing a variety of industries. Our team is made up of people with a range of experience – from big Toronto agencies and international tech companies to local businesses – and with best in class digital marketing & developer capabilities that we put to work for our clients.
We love what we do and our clients love working with us. As a result, we’re growing and we’re in need of a Junior Full Stack Developer for a 12-month contract, to help us better support our clients and their business.
Who we're looking for:
We’re looking for a kick-ass junior full stack developer to assist our team with functional work on new and existing large web application builds for clients. This individual is a quick learner with good communication and problem-solving skills. You’re someone that works well in a collaborative environment and is comfortable working remotely.
If you have these skills and experiences, we definitely want to talk to you…
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Programming
- Minimum 1 year experience with ReactJS and Node.js
- Minimum 1 year experience with PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- Experience in developing and consuming RESTful web services
- Familiarity with code hosting platforms (GitHub, Bitbucket)
- A solid understanding of web intricacies including security, session management, and best web development practices
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Strong written, verbal, and communication skills
- Strong knowledge/understanding of HTML and CSS
About the role:
The Junior Full Stack Developer will work closely with the Senior Developer and the internal team to manage and support ongoing initiatives that drive our clients’ business.
Primary responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Utilize web development best practices to write well designed and efficient code
- Participate in the full development life cycle including technical specifications, work estimates, design, development, cross-browser testing / debugging, bug resolution and deployment
- Develop and deploy scalable web-based applications to production environments
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Collaborate with a team of front end and back end developers for web solutions and integrations
- Use your knowledge of web technologies to transform designs into great user experiences
- Stay up to date with modern web application technologies (Node.js, React, Angular) and trends
Other Skills That Are Helpful to Have
- Experience with the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP)
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with CSS Pre-Processors (SASS, LESS)
- Experience with Gulp.js / Babel.js
- Experience with NoSQL databases
Secondary responsibilities include (but not limited to):
Why join our team?
We’re a small agile team that can be productive when working remotely, conducting web meetings, or having in-person office sessions, bouncing ideas and coming up with innovative solutions to our clients’ needs. Being part of a small team offers big opportunities to learn and grow – with opportunities to support our clients in everything we do.
We like people who like people – people who like doing stellar work with other great people on behalf of great people.
If you want to get in on some truly cool work, let’s chat. Please forward your CV along with links to samples of your work, demonstrating why we need to have you on our team.
We appreciate all résumés and CV’s submitted but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
COVID-19 considerations: Working from home.
Job Type: 12 Month Contract, with the opportunity to grow into a permanent, full time role.
Job Type: Contract - Part-Time
with the opportunity to grow into a permanent, full-time role (10-40 hours per week)