Cm2 Media – one of Halton Region’s leading digital marketing agencies – is a small, nimble, digital marketing team with a client roster of national and regional brands representing a variety of industries. Our team is made up of people with a range of experience – from big Toronto agencies and international tech companies to local businesses – and with best-in-class digital marketing & developer capabilities that we put to work for our clients.
We have an opening for a Senior Full Stack Developer for a full-time position.
Who we're looking for:
- You can manage multiple tasks and projects
- You have strong communication and decision-making skills
- You have exceptional problem-solving skills
- You can incorporate tools and technologies to meet client expectations and drive growth
- You can interpret the order of operations based on goals and project scope
- You are aself-starter and take the initiative to produce solutions to complex problems
- You thrive on performance insights and customer feedback to improve systems, processes and tooling
About the role:
Reporting to the President, the Senior Full Stack Developer will work closely with the team’s account managers and partners to manage and support ongoing initiatives that drive our clients’ business while mentoring and managing fellow developers.
This individual maintains a high standard for the quality of their code and takes pride in setting up processes that improve efficiency in their work.
Primary responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Contribute ideas at both a technical and strategic level to positively impact our clients’ business
- Utilize web development best practices to write well designed and efficient code
- Participate in the full development life cycle including technical specifications, work estimates, design, development, cross-browser testing / debugging, bug resolution and deployment
- Develop and deploy scalable web-based applications to production environments
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Collaborate with internal and external teams of front end and back end developers for web solutions and system integrations
- Use your knowledge of web technologies to transform designs into great user experiences
- Stay up to date with modern web application technologies (Node.js, React, Angular) and trends
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Programming
- 3 + years of experience designing, building and maintaining web applications
- 2 + years of experience with React.js and Node.js
- Proficiency with PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- Experience in developing and consuming RESTful web services
- Experience with code hosting platforms (GitHub, Bitbucket)
- Experience with CI / CD and working knowledge of shell scripting
- Familiarity with React Native and Angular
- Proficiency writing project documentation – UML diagrams, requirements documents, etc.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP)
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS EC2, ECS, Lambda
- Experience with Gulp.js / Babel.js
- Experience with NoSQL databases
Why join our team?
We’re a small agile team that can be productive when working remotely, conducting web meetings, or having in-person office sessions, bouncing ideas and coming up with innovative solutions to our clients’ needs. Being a part of a small team means you can have a big impact on ideas, direction, and approaches to our business.
We like people who like people – people who like doing stellar work with other great people on behalf of great people. The Senior Developer position is perfect for a well-rounded, ambitious developer who is looking for a new challenge and working as part of a team that’s small in size but big in impact.
If you want to get in on some truly cool work, let’s chat. Please forward your CV along with links to samples of your work, demonstrating why we need to have you on our team.
We appreciate all résumés and CV’s submitted but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8-hour shift
- Working from home
- ReactJS: 2 years (Required)
- HTML/CSS: 3 years (Required)
- AngularJS: 2 years (Required)