What You Need To Determine When Having Your Business Websites Built
It’s your website. Your business. Your life. Your passion. Your money maker. Have you taken the time to consider if your website is actually right for your customer?
Many business owners are very consumed by the day-to-day operations of their business. They do not have the time or expertise to evaluate their website and see if it is working for their business.
As a company that builds a business website for its customers in the Oakville/Burlington area and beyond we offer expertise to the business owner and how their choices will impact their business.
Items to consider when having your business websites built:
1) Is your business website Business-to-Business (B2B) or Business-to-Consumer (B2C)
This is very important to know who you are targeting as clients. As a website design company it is up to us to engage your ideal clients right away.
A B2B site may feature key items in the top header and main hero space that a B2C website may not.
As information flows on your website it may be more important to tell a story, or sell a product. That is where the business goals and the design of the website must merge together.
2) What is the most important action a customer can take?
Do you know what your customers want to do? Are your goals to get them to register or buy something from you on your website?
Is it more important to know how to find your location?
What do you need to happen in order to convert that visitor into a customer?
All of these questions make the design and flow of your website very important. After all, the easier you make it for your customer to make that payment, find your store, or register for your course, the more likely they are to convert.
Start your website design with a hierarchy approach. Take your goals into mind and let your website design company figure out the best ways to make this happen.
Fewer clicks, obvious buttons and clear communications will make your website journey easy for your customer.
3) What is the right amount to spend on business websites?
There are many factors when it comes to budgeting for a website. As a website design agency we consider the main goals, and secondary goals for your business before coming up with a budget.
The amount you spend on your business websites are not a direct correlation to what you will get out of them. The website designer needs to consider key factors before ever deciding what it will cost to build your website. These include:
- Content Strategy – Who is doing the writing, how it is positioned and what is the flow for the user?
- Custom design vs template – Custom will perform better, faster and make the user experience much better for the client.
- Hosting considerations – Go with a good hosting plan that saves time for your website developer and your customer.
- Which CMS your are using? (WordPress and Shopify are our 2 preferred CMS tools)
- Who is doing the work? Is the customer doing some work? Are there qualified people for each task? What is the experience of the web designer that you are hiring?
- What is the timeline for your website design project? Do you need it immediately? Can it wait a bit? The faster you need it, the sloppier it may be. Long term builds can also be frustrating but cheaper.
There are many considerations to make when it comes to building your website. Make sure you take the time to understand the impacts that your website designer will have when assisting you grow your business.
CM2 Media specializes in building websites and web applications for customers in the Oakville/Burlington area and beyond. We take a business development approach to your website and like to get to know about your business before taking on any project.
Contact Us About Your Business Websites
If you have any questions regarding developing business websites, please contact us using the form below, using the chat function on our website, or by calling 1-855-656-5262. Follow us on Instagram or LinkedIn. It is our goal to get you a website that works for your business.